11 Feb RESEARCHER
SANSA has the following opportunity within the Space Science Programme situated in Hermanus, Western Cape to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies and qualifications. The Space Science Programme includes space science research, ground based monitoring infrastructure, operational space weather, technology development and applications.
SANSA is seeking hardworking and dynamic South African citizens to fill the following position available in Hermanus Western Cape:
The ideal candidates will have:
- PhD – Space Science/Space Physics/Applied Mathematics
- 1-3 years’ postdoctoral experience
- Early career research track record that demonstrates the ability to do independent research
- High impact publications, co-investigator on funded grants,
- Experience in delivering lectures and seminars
- A successful supervision record and participation in science advancement activities.
- Programming skills with a preference for Python
- The ability to work independently and as part of the team
Duties (not limited to this list):
Publish and present research results in peer review journals, conferences and other appropriate channels
- Train and mentor postgraduate students and interns
- Identify opportunities for international and national collaborations and partnerships.
- Identify funding sources and write proposals for grants.
- Contract research
- Science Advancement
Projects will be tailored to individuals, depending on skills and interest and are not limited to any specific topic mentioned, however they must fit into the space science thematic areas. Preference will be given to skills sets and research fields that advance SANSA’s operational space weather ambitions.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com and attach your detailed CV.
Closing date: 24 February 2021