07 Nov Business Development Administrator
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI). SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high-performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth, and Excellence, and living these in a fast-paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you.
The following permanent employment opportunity exists at the SANSA Hartbeeshoek site situated in Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant experience, skills, drive, and qualifications who puts the interests of the nation first, has a commercial mindset, thinks as our customers, knowledge-driven and people-centric.
Business Development Administrator
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the candidate will support the Business Development department in administration related to contracts, client/stakeholder relations, sales/finances, and marketing.
Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Contract Administration – Monitor performance in terms of the contract and highlight non-compliance
- Client/ Stakeholder Relations Administration – Handle sales, business development, marketing queries, filing, administration, and reports relating to clients/stakeholders
- Financial Administration – track progress against the set targets in terms of sales, and marketing; check that invoicing is done according to the contract; and follow up on outstanding debt.
- Marketing – Prepare presentations and marketing material for conferences and trade shows to promote Space Operations services and to showcase SANSA Space Operations to potential customers; conduct market research into the space and specifically ground segment industry.
- Prepare business proposals/plans to potential customers by gathering relevant information including but not limited to services we offer, testimonials from customers, how SANSA can serve and add value to potential customers, our track record in delivering satellite ground station services, details of the people with the technical skills to deliver services, the infrastructure and equipment available, history of the organisation and its ability to deliver.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects and activities.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- National Diploma/degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of technical administration experience in a science/research organisation, dealing with customers and other stakeholders. Experience working with different departments in project management, customer relationship, and marketing is advantageous.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and proficiency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process. By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent that SANSA can collect, process, and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments, and employment purposes only.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups (African males and females, Coloured females, and People with disabilities ).
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV, and apply on:
Current Opportunities (mcidirecthire.com)
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful. SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have previously applied for this position, your application will be included in the process.
Closing Date: 25 November 2022