01 Sep ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP (3 INTERNS)
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI). SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high-performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast-paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you.
The following 24 months of learning opportunities exist at the SANSA Hartbeeshoek site situated in Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, and qualifications who puts the interests of the nation first, has a commercial mindset, thinks as our customers, knowledge-driven and people-centric.
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP (3 INTERNS)
The Trainees in this role will be exposed to satellite ground station operations which include rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, as well as providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators. The trainees will gain more experience in the projects, telecommunications, and electronics engineering fields.
Key areas of learning will include but are not limited to:
- Operate, maintain, and monitor antenna systems, Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with satellite ground station operations.
- Participate in TT&C operations which involve the rendering of ground segment services to SLVs (Satellite launch vehicles) including launch, Transfer-orbit support, Launch and Early-orbit, and In-orbit test operations.
- Provision of Operations and Maintenance services to SANSA-owned and customer-hosted systems, equipment, and infrastructure.
- Ad-hoc project work and the opportunity to work on or add value to new or existing projects, systems, and processes.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Three-year diploma or degree in Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results.
- Coursework in telecommunications, and satellite communications will be advantageous.
- Unemployed graduate in search of Internship training to gain work experience.
- A good understanding of microwave principles, applications, and telecommunications.
- Proficient in English language and good communication skills
- Computer literacy and basic proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to use both hands and have good vision.
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and own transport or else reliable transport to and from work.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process. By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent that SANSA can collect, process, and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments, and employment purposes only.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups (African females and males, and people with disabilities ).
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV, and apply on: Current Opportunities (mcidirecthire.com)
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful. SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have previously applied for this position, your application will be included in the process.
Closing Date: 12 September 2022