17 Jun DEVELOPMENT & MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (HERMANUS)
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
The following opportunities exists in Hermanus, Western Cape within the Space Science Programme to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies and qualifications. This position requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
Reporting to the Engineering and Data Acquisition Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Provide engineering support to the development and optimisation of SANSA’s research infrastructure platforms
- plan, coordinate, and execute maintenance, repairs, and upgrades on instrumentation and datalogging systems according to technical specifications, maintenance plan, and client needs
- Plan and conduct Engineering Training
- Collaborator & Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (in Electrical or Electronic Engineering) from a university or University of Technology. A Masters Degree will be an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an electronics development environment
- Proven electronic circuit design, analysis, and diagnostic skills
- Previous experience in pcb design and fabrication and in using PCB design software and tools (e.g. Altium Designer)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with embedded systems (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Internet of Things, Microcontrollers). Experience working with FPGA’s and hardware description languages will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the use of general-purpose test and measurement equipment as well as Network and Spectrum Analysers
- Familiarity working with Linux operating systems (e.g., Ubuntu) in a command-line environment with the ability to install, configure and operate Linux based systems.
Experience with a scripting language such as Python or BASH. Experience with programming languages such as C/C++ or GO will be an advantage
The candidate must be able to work at heights and must be willing and able to travel to remote sites.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by forwarding your detailed CV and qualifications to email@example.com
Closing date: 01 July 2022
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.