10 May SHEQ and Logistics Practitioner
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI). SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast-paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following permanent opportunity exists at the Space Operations programme situated in Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, qualifications and who puts the interests of the nation first, has a commercial mind-set, thinks like our customers, knowledge driven and people centric.
SHEQ and Logistics Practitioner
Reporting to the SHEQ and Logistics Manager, the candidate will support the SHEQ Office to maintain ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental) and ISO 45001:2018 (Safety) Compliances and Standards, ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness. The role also administers all the logistics of SANSA Space Operations in terms of importing and exporting of goods, for all customers, nationally and internationally, fulfilling the role of the export and import agent.
Key areas of responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Risk and compliance (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018)
- Health and safety compliance
- SHEQ administration and coordination support
- Import and Export Administration
- Import and Export advisory support
The ideal candidate will have:
- A three-year degree or diploma in Safety, Health, Environmental or Quality
- Technical qualifications or Trade test will be advantageous
- ISO systems implementation courses (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018) certificates
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical industry as SHEQ Practitioner or similar role
- Logistics (import and export) experience will be advantageous
- Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ related legislations and company standards
- Accreditation, knowledge, and experience in ISO 9001/14001/45001 is essential
- Good communications and report writing skills
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and reliable transport to and from work
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing may form part of the selection process. By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent that SANSA can collect, process, and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments, and employment purposes only.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups (Coloured females, African females and males, and people with disabilities ).
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, regard your application were unsuccessful. SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have previously applied for this position, your application will be included in the process.
Closing Date: 26 May 2022