12 Jan Facilities & SHEQ Manager – Permanent
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation.
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following opportunity exists in the Head Office situated in Pretoria, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications.
Reporting to the Executive Director Enterprise Services, the successful candidate will provide appropriate facilities support, including buildings, construction, physical infrastructure, maintenance, logistics management, security management, management of related projects, vehicles and all health and safety aspects for the Pretoria Site.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A B Tech Qualification in Electrical or Civil Engineering with an appropriate Trade Test /degree in Facilities Management / Engineering or relevant field with Five (5) years facilities management or related experience with a strong knowledge background in facilities management, security and logistics;
• In addition to the above SHEQ training / certification will serve as an added advantage;
• Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ related legislations such as ISO 18001 and an understanding of ISO 9001 will be an added advantage;
• Project Management Certification and/or proven record in managing facilities (buildings, infrastructure etc.) projects will be an added advantage;
• Project management skills;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Well-versed in technical operations and facilities management best practices;
• Ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Understand and implement security regulations;
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills; and
• Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Facilities Management.
• Logistics Management.
• Security Management.
• Health, Safety and Security compliance.
• Project Management.
• People Management.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with the Agency’s Employment Equity Plan.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Closing date:25 January 2022.
Should you meet the above requirements, please register your detailed CV at https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.