05 Jan FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
The following opportunities exists in SANSA Hermanus, Western Cape within the Space Science Programme to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies and qualifications. This position requires the incumbent to be based in Hermanus.
Reporting to the Finance and Business Manager, the incumbent will provide assistance with financial accounting processing, reconciliations, procedures and record keeping. The incumbent will prepare financial reports and ensure that all accounting laws and rules are adhered to. Providing general overall SAGE X3 and finance support to the Financial Manager and all staff of SANSA Hermanus and suppliers.
This will include but is not limited to the following duties:
- Financial Accounting
- Bank Reconciliation and payments
- Preparation of financial reports and documentation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Finance Management/Accounting (NQF level 7) required
- 5 years’ experience as a Financial Accountant
- Ability to work under pressure
The following will be advantageous:
- Applicable legislative and regulatory framework
- Public Finance and Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and guidelines knowledge,
and GRAP knowledge.
- Accounting, planning and budgeting policies and procedures
- Principles and practices of accounting
- Knowledge of reconciliations (Excel: pivot tables and V-Lookup)
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Accounting software – Should have SAGE X3 knowledge and experience using the system
- Knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office and an online banking system
Please note that the positions will be based at the SANSA Hermanus campus in Hermanus in the Western Cape. Preference will be given to candidates who live within a 20 km radius of the SANSA site.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 21 January 2022
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.