14 Oct UNEMPLOYED SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY GRADUATES REQUIRED TO VOLUNTEER IN THE DSI’S NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE PROGRAMME
Volunteers will be based at the SANSA Science Centre in Hermanus
Two positions for individuals aged 18-35 are available
This is a one-year contract position (1 December 2021 –30 November 2022)
Stipends will be paid to volunteers according to their qualifications ranging from approximately R4500 for National Diploma NQF Level 6 to R7700 for PhD NQF Level 10.
The volunteers will be required to:
- Assist with School Science Support programmes and Science outreach activities
- Contribute to the development of science education material
- Organize and facilitate science and technology awareness events
- Travel for outreach work
- Enthusiastic, hardworking South African citizens
- Degree with the following specialisation / disciplines: Mathematical Sciences; Computer Science; Science Education; Physics; Mathematics; Space Science;
- Good communication skills
All travel to Hermanus and relocation costs will be at the candidates’ own expenses.
Interested youth, who meet the requirements please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 28 October 2021
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.