29 Jan SANSA Human Resources Officer (2 year contract position)
SANSA Human Resources Officer (2 year contract position)
Due to the additional requirements brought about through SANSA’s Operational Space Weather Project a support position is available within the SANSA Hermanus team. SANSA is required to extend its capability to provide 24/7 operational space weather services to clients by 2022. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will provide general day-to-day HR support for the allocated division as part of the HR function in relation to all HR activities with an emphasis on recruitment, Employee Benefits, Training and Development, Payroll and administration for employees in compliance with statutory obligations, policies, procedures and best practice. The incumbent MUST be willing to relocate to, and live in, Hermanus for the duration of this contract as this position is based in Hermanus in the Western Cape.
The ideal candidate must have:
- National Diploma / B-Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology;
- More than 3 years’ generalist HR experience
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
- Experience with SAGE People will be an advantage
- Very good interpersonal skills, empathy for others and a high respect for confidentiality are important
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
The Human Resources Officer is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Prepare documents for processing payroll, maintain payroll and HR system, check payroll for accuracy, handle payroll queries
- Co-ordinate recruitment and selection process, including preparing ads for approval, advertising, shortlisting, preparing interview packs, providing HR support at interviews, consolidating scores, preparing documents for appointment, sending out regret letters.
- Co-ordinate staff study assistance process including all documentation and approvals
- Co-ordinate training and development process
- Provide assistance to HR Manager and team, as required, including working on specific projects
- Gather information to prepare and write HR reports and correspondence.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Closing date: 12 February 2021
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.