07 May Python programming tutor (Three Year Contract Position)
SANSA requires a Python programming tutor to assess the various skill levels of staff and students, do some generic collective teaching in computer programming basics using Python but also do some focused one-on-one tuition to assist students and staff solve specific data analysis and scientific problems. The post is focussed on assessment, education and developing human skills at a high level in order to meet the government mandate. It is NOT about writing code for staff or students.
Do you want to help build confidence in students and inspire the aspiring professionals of tomorrow?
If you’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and experience with the researchers and developers of tomorrow, then apply now to make an impact.
- Design a skills-based course in Python,
- Write course content for Python,
- Create coding practice exercises in Python,
- Assess the various coding skill levels of individuals,
- Do collective teaching in a lecture theatre or laboratory as well as one-on-one tuition
The ideal candidate:
Can write professional content in English and present concepts clearly to learners.
- Is an expert Python Developer.
- Is an excellent facilitator with the ability to motivate, direct, and train people and collaborate and interact with others effectively and productively.
- Has exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
You have experience with:
Using Python as a Programming Language
- Debugging in Python
- Problem-Solving with Algorithms in Python
- Implementing SOLID Design Patterns in Python
- Extensive experience in using NumPy, Pandas and other libraries for scientific data processing
- Python production & app performance management (CI/CD, etc.)
- Perform simulations in Python
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience. This appointment will also be on an hourly paid as and when required basis for a period of three years. The incumbent must be based within a 60 km radius of Hermanus as all interactions and engagements will take place on the SANSA Hermanus campus.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Please attach your detailed CV on the online system.
Closing date: 31 May 2020
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.