27 Mar POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS (3 year contract positions)
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS (3 year contract positions)
The ideal candidates will have:
- A PhD obtained within the last 3 years (or will be submitting their PhD thesis for examination before Feb 2020)
- PhD should be in a space physics related field or is a support field to space physics (such as Computer Science or Applied Mathematics)
- Preference will be given to candidates who would like to pursue space weather research for their postdoctoral projects in areas such navigation and/or communication applications, and radiation exposure due to space weather events
- Independent computer programming skills with a preference for Python
- The ability to work independently and as part of the team
The candidate should be:
- A South African citizen
- Available to start the contract before 1 April 2020
Duties (not limited to this list):
- Research in a space weather research related field
- Data Analysis and Modelling
- Intern mentoring
- Contract research
- Science Advancement
Projects will be tailored to individuals, depending on skills and interest and are not limited to any specific topic mentioned, however they must fit into the space science thematic areas.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply by logging into https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com attach your detailed CV including copy of Doctoral Thesis Abstract and PhD certificate (if already received).
This advertisement will remain open till the position is filled