05 Nov HVAC Technician (Artisan)
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at https://www.sansa.org.za
The following vacancy exists at SANSA Space Operations Directorate in Hartebeesthoek, to be filled by an individual with relevant skills, competencies and qualifications.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, working with the Facilities team, the candidate will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing HVAC systems, such as air conditioners. This may include performing routine maintenance and emergency repairs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Repair and maintain HVAC systems
- Troubleshoot, repair/replacement of worn/faulty components or equipment, including motors, switches, pumps, wiring, thermostats and fans.
- Prepare maintenance schedule for regular cleaning and maintenance of all HVAC systems and sub-systems on-site
- Attend to emergency repairs as required, sometimes outside of normal working hours.
- Installation, fitting and assembly of HVAC systems
- Determine the correct BTU requirements for an HVAC system – taking into account the size and height of a particular room/office/shelter, number of doors, windows and other openings, other cooling or heat giving equipment that may be in the same room/office/shelter.
- Ensure BTU requirements meet the requirements of the client and is the most energy efficient option available
- Calculate heat load, air flow rates, ventilation rates and other calculations required for HVAC systems
- Install HVAC ductwork including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations and policies
- Computer literate, proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Prepare input for monthly Technical reports and general administration
- Knowledge of OHS Act and ISO 9001 regulations (Quality)
- Work with SCM to procure relevant goods, materials and services
- Assist Facilities and Technical Team as and when required in order to manage workload across the team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 / N3 Engineering
- Trade Test in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration or HVAC
- Registered Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Artisan or qualification registered with the MERSETA
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating
- Proven experience in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols and performing relevant calculations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an HVAC Technician performing the duties listed above
- A valid drivers’ license
Background verification, including criminal record, medical checks, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your detailed CV and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful. Closing Date: 20 November 2019