02 May Programmer (Three Year Contract Position)
SANSA requires a Programmer to join the Space Weather team in Hermanus, Western Cape in developing and maintaining algorithms that lead to products and services offered by the SANSA Space Weather Centre. The Space Weather Programmer will be the lead in moving research developed models to operations, providing coding assistance for advisory production for clients, and in ensuring that efficiencies are introduced within the operational space weather environment.
- Designing and developing innovative and practical technical solutions, applications, software or algorithms for the Space Weather Centre
- Testing, installing, evaluating and maintaining new algorithms and programs
- Providing operational programming support to the Space Weather Centre
- Assisting application development projects by providing advice and support
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology/Computer Science/Programming or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent programming capability in Python is essential
- Good systems and process analysis skills
- Passion for coding which must be demonstrable through extramural activities
- Must be a team player committed to working in a continuously improving and quality environment
- Independent decision-making capability and proactive problem-solving skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be solution driven
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
SANSA reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please e-mail your detailed CV (indicating clearly the position you are interested in, in the subject line) to email@example.com
Closing date: 17 May 2019
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful